#1 Jerronimo

Jerronimo

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 345 posts

Posted 02 January 2005 - 06:25 PM

Hi,

For previous new years eve I made 40 3''ballshell rockets.
Ramming all the rockets was alot of work! and some of them failed to go up, they CATOed 2 meters in the air.

Now I know pressing makes for better and more reliable results, but pressing one rocket at a time is very timeconsuming.
So I figured why not make a mold so you can press 9 or 12 rockets at a time :D .

Has anyone ever tried this before?any ideas maybe?
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both."

#2 broadsword

broadsword

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 03 January 2005 - 01:09 AM

This is just a thought but if you had a press like Dan Williams' then surely you could make a little device like lots of rammers all going down into thier own single tube, rather like this (BTW this is a very poor drawing made in 2minutes on paint! You have been warned :P)

You could get a piece of wood and drill some holes evenly space apart and get some dowel(rammers) and then insert equal pieces of rammer into the holes and secure them in and then press as normal.
As i said this was only a quick thought! :)
Broadsword Calling DannyBoy....

#3 Sprengman

Sprengman

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 03 January 2005 - 05:15 PM

I also thought about the possibility to press more then one roket in one turn. The problem with the simple contruction of broadsword is that not every rokets is pressed with the same pressure. Of course you can add the same amount of Fuel in each rocket tube, but this is very difficult to adjust the amount of Fuel very excact.

If you build a device wich contains springs with a "resistance" (I?ts the best word i could find ;) ) of ca. 2000 N per dowel and a tube ID of 18mm every Rocket is pressed with nerly the same pressure.

I hope you understand my description ;) ;)

#4 Kembang Api

Kembang Api

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 03 January 2005 - 06:23 PM

Depending which kind of tube do you used. HDPE tube works very well but paper tube will be a waste. I have done 6 tube at a time but only with HDPE tube and a special loading plate to control the consistance of the amount of BP in each loading. Mostly are core burning rocket.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users