• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 digger

digger

Pyro Forum Top Trump!

• UKPS Members
  • 1,961 posts

Posted 05 February 2008 - 02:33 PM

I know the topic of milling media has been covered a few times. However I have just bought a few milling jars (The UN type wide neck kegs) so that I can have dedicated milling jars for different chems. So no I need to get hold of some (well quite a bit) ceramic milling media to dedicate to each.

I know that Inoxia sell them, however they are a bit on the pricey side. There must be a supplier out there prepared to sell me 25Kg of media preferably in a spherical/satellite 30mm size.

So do any of you chaps have any leads as to where to get them?
Phew that was close.

#2 digger

digger

Pyro Forum Top Trump!

• UKPS Members
  • 1,961 posts

Posted 05 February 2008 - 10:51 PM

Come on chaps someone must know where to get a good deal on ceramic grinding media.

I have made a start and a ceramic company have quoted me £150 for 25Kg of 30mm 92% aluminium oxide media.

Edited by digger, 05 February 2008 - 11:40 PM.

Phew that was close.

#3 pyrotrev

pyrotrev

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• UKPS Members
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 16 March 2008 - 11:50 PM

Come on chaps someone must know where to get a good deal on ceramic grinding media.

I have made a start and a ceramic company have quoted me £150 for 25Kg of 30mm 92% aluminium oxide media.

I'd be interested in a few Kg of some biggish (30....45mm) cylpebs if anyone knows of a source.
Trying to do something very beautiful but very dangerous very safely....

#4 digger

digger

Pyro Forum Top Trump!

• UKPS Members
  • 1,961 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 06:58 PM

Well a big sack of media arrived today, it took 6 weeks for them to fulfill the order though (they only took payment once dispatched)

They look very nice and uniform, not like the ones that I have previously purchased. They have a surface that feels like a blackboard (certainly would not want to scratch my nails across them) unlike the absolutely smooth ones I have had before.
Phew that was close.

#5 pyrotrev

pyrotrev

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• UKPS Members
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 27 March 2008 - 08:17 PM

They have a surface that feels like a blackboard (certainly would not want to scratch my nails across them) unlike the absolutely smooth ones I have had before.

Did you have any problems with stuff getting stuck into the matte surface at all please?
Trying to do something very beautiful but very dangerous very safely....

#6 digger

digger

Pyro Forum Top Trump!

• UKPS Members
  • 1,961 posts

Posted 28 March 2008 - 07:27 AM

Did you have any problems with stuff getting stuck into the matte surface at all please?

I have been a bit busy over the last few weeks, so have not had a chance to use them yet. However as soon as I do I will let you know.
Phew that was close.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users