182 replies to this topic

#136 Andrew

Andrew

Rocket Scientist, no really, I am!

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 603 posts

Posted 11 June 2007 - 02:18 PM

I can't go into details yet, but the crux of the matter is that there are some unused workshops at a licensed manufacturing facility in the East Midlands. The owner is keen for us to renovate these, and it is entirely possible that members would be able to make use of them once a suitable framework is established. The site itself has had a long history of explosives manufacture and the specific building(s) in question are purpose built.

Nice, it's a really good start. The next logical step would be (after this is all set up and well oiled) to set up a club from scratch.

In the interested of raising motivation, within say two to three years, how many people are there around the London and the home counties that would be interested in participating in some way to getting a club from scratch going? With a the afore mentioned as a guide for the site, and bar some licensing headaches and then of course time and money, it's not too difficult. Just a rough idea on numbers, I know it's been done before, but hey! We'd need about 50 interested to make it easily feasible.

#137 phildunford

phildunford

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 12 June 2007 - 08:58 AM

If it was somewhere within reasonable travelling distance of London you could count me in...
Teaching moft plainly, and withall moft exactly, the composing of all manner of fire-works for tryumph and recreation (John Bate 1635)
Posted Imagethegreenman

#138 ProfHawking

ProfHawking

3... 2... 1... Umm

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 256 posts

Posted 12 June 2007 - 09:47 AM

I'm all for anything like that, howeevr i cant see the point of forming a club when we already have the UKPS. In what way will they differ?

#139 phildunford

phildunford

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 12 June 2007 - 10:11 AM

Surely we are talking about part of UKPS, but somewhere where members can do something practical on a regular basis? - Or have I got that wrong??
Teaching moft plainly, and withall moft exactly, the composing of all manner of fire-works for tryumph and recreation (John Bate 1635)
Posted Imagethegreenman

#140 crystal palace fireworks

crystal palace fireworks

Keith

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 950 posts

Posted 16 September 2007 - 06:47 PM

Surely we are talking about part of UKPS, but somewhere where members can do something practical on a regular basis? - Or have I got that wrong??

Ok guys, whats the latest news with regards to establishing a base physical for us novice pyrotechnists to launch and make our fireworks?.

Im based in Essex, and would be willing to travel 30 miles to meet up at weekends on a regular basis to discuss this further.

I willing to put up £500, providing we can get 20 plus other pyro`s to do the same!

I know a army base at shoeburyness (near southend on sea), im wondering if its feasible to approach the MOD on this? or perhaps to find some funding through the EU for small businesses? or perhaps look at the lottery? or the Princes Trust?

Are there any experienced pyro`s on this forum willing to take the lead on this?

#141 crystal palace fireworks

crystal palace fireworks

Keith

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 950 posts

Posted 26 September 2007 - 08:00 PM

Is anyone still interested in this topic????????????????

#142 Richard H

Richard H

Pyro Forum Veteran

• Admin
  • 2,706 posts

Posted 26 September 2007 - 08:55 PM

We are looking at establishing licensed facilities available to the membership at two manufacturing sites in Lincolnshire. If anyone in the South of England is interested in co-coordinating similar efforts, please contact me privately.

#143 icarus

icarus

Pyro Forum Regular

• UKPS Members
  • 332 posts

Posted 17 November 2007 - 12:56 AM

i,m located north west leics with long narrow 2 acre field i would happily offer location on peppercorn rent ie £1 per year i.ve wanted a way to be legit for long time very happy to stump up some cash towards this project
protodezine@gmail.com

#144 pyroduck7

pyroduck7

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 26 July 2008 - 01:07 PM

well i do think its a good idea but if anyone could join people would most certanty missuse it, eg terrorists , and stupid people

#145 digger

digger

Pyro Forum Top Trump!

• UKPS Members
  • 1,961 posts

Posted 26 July 2008 - 05:33 PM

well i do think its a good idea but if anyone could join people would most certanty missuse it, eg terrorists , and stupid people

From what I hear the new facility will have enough procedures in place to prevent misuse.
Phew that was close.

#146 kcnkickthecat

kcnkickthecat

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 27 November 2008 - 08:14 PM

This sounds like (IS) an excellent idea, A place to build legally. With the addition of insured, legal transport to an 'approved test site', probably UKPS run (it may have been covered in previous posts, so excuse me if it has, I'm new...), this would definately be a good thing for all of the sensible pyros within the UK amateur pyrotechnics community, that have the will and desire to create beauty and who don't have their own magazine/factory to store/manufacture them in. Total thumbs up from me. :D
"If at first you don't succeed...

...You haven't used enough black powder!!!"

#147 phildunford

phildunford

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 27 November 2008 - 08:17 PM

This is hopefully on target for early next year - It's proving hard going getting everything in place but I'm confident it will happen...
Posted Imagethegreenman

#148 pyrotechnist

pyrotechnist

firework making is my aim, setting off is my game

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,126 posts

Posted 27 November 2008 - 08:50 PM

And... hopefully in time we all may have our own small firework factories with exemptions granted.
fireworks is my aim setting of is the game

#149 kcnkickthecat

kcnkickthecat

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 28 November 2008 - 09:38 AM

And... hopefully in time we all may have our own small firework factories with exemptions granted.

*Fingers crossed* :D
"If at first you don't succeed...

...You haven't used enough black powder!!!"

#150 PyroCreationZ

PyroCreationZ

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 11:13 AM

Hi everyone,

I believe this is my first post in the board though I have been reading here quite some time.
Just read out through the whole topic and I have to say you guys are awesome putting all your work into getting a legal club.
I don't live in the UK (though a nearby country :) ) so unfortunatly I could never join the club.
All I want to say: I wish you good luck and have a good time. I will have to continue doing things in a more "dark way". Going out at night to light some stuff, etc.

Good luck,
PCZ

YouTube account.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users