9 replies to this topic

#1 David

David

Moonlight Shadow

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,406 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 11:49 AM

Just pondering- who actually buys fireworks? On this board I know a couple of people who are into their CAT 3 , but it seems most folk either run shops, do Cat 4 or have a more general interest in pyrotechnics. The number of cat 3 enthusiasts is actually pretty low, it seems. There is a of course a rise in interest seasonally, but this seems to fall off almost totally out of season.

Buying fireworks itself is somewhat of a hobby for me- I'll go out on a trip specifically to buy fireworks. Actually letting them off is almost incidental. Well, no- I do like to let them off too. It is like a lot of people who enjoy cookery. They get the most fun out of planning their meal- buying herbs and meat, preparing it and cooking it. The actually eating is somewhat incidental.
OK, interest in fireworks to be resumed in the spring. It usually is. ;)

#2 Mixologist

Mixologist

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 08:59 PM

Personally, I buy Cat 3 and 4.

I buy quite a few selection boxes every year simply because i like to try things with smaller items occasionally, and i like lighting them.

I find as much joy lighting them with my creme brulee torch as i do buying them. That said i would not drive 2hrs for one roman candle, the big journeys are only happening if im buying a van full!!

#3 Night Owl

Night Owl

Shell

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 11:17 PM

I bought a rocket last november for the first time in 3 years, its the only pyro ive bought in that time, I used to buy out of season all the time but since doint it C4 in shows I couldnt find stuff to give me the same buzz, but now my own rockets make me smile again:)

#4 dogsbody

dogsbody

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 11:39 PM

I by odments out of season, but mostly cat 3 stuff coming into season.

saying that, I'm driving to scotland from Devon at the end of the month, are there any reasonable suppliers on the way (going up the motorway) that wouldnt be too far aff route?

#5 seymour

seymour

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 12:40 AM

When I was in my early teens I would spend several hundred NZ$ every year on fireworks. That was a lot of money for a 13 year old!

Besides the fact that I now make them, the insane price that you generally have to pay here puts me off. It sounds like some of you have prices sorted out though! :)
The monkey leaped off it's sunny perch and flew off into the night sky.

#6 MDH

MDH

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 742 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 09:26 AM

I used to have enourmous consumer fireworks budgets but they've gone down after these years. Consumer fireworks have gotten far too predictable for me to appreciate. There are a few shells I can think of that I would purchase and that's about it.

#7 David

David

Moonlight Shadow

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,406 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 04:28 PM

saying that, I'm driving to scotland from Devon at the end of the month, are there any reasonable suppliers on the way (going up the motorway) that wouldnt be too far aff route?

Yeah, several. Depending on which way your are coming, of course- but there are several on route. HFM at Cannock and Firework Factory at Lancaster are both 5 minutes off the M6. There is also SP at Stafford, that is close to the M6 too. Epic is just off the East-West motorway (M62 I think).

Edited by David, 03 March 2009 - 04:29 PM.

#8 parachutelight

parachutelight

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 11:18 PM

I Regularly buy fireworks for the 5th of November and New Year.Half the fun of it is visiting different shops to look at the ranges and catalogues as well as firing them.I am a great lover of large rockets and noisy fireworks and try to get a good selection each year.I am well known in my local area for my garden displays which can last for over two hours!Iwould purchase fireworks out of season if the price was right and keep them for the 5th.Ihave fired at a party out of season with spare stock,i always have a few pieces in reserve for such occasions.

#9 David

David

Moonlight Shadow

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,406 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 10:32 PM

I am a great lover of large rockets and noisy fireworks and try to get a good selection each year

Most of us are! Well, I'm not a fan of large rockets - I mean, they are cool and all, but value for money wise, not so good.

Noisy fireworks are still around, but getting harder to find- still on sale though as 1.3G or as "pyromeshed" 1.4G. The increasing use of blackpowder does mean that many fireworks won't be as loud, but to me that isn't a bad thing necessarily.

#10 Timmy Yang

Timmy Yang

• General Public Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 02:05 AM

hello. Everyone.

It’s our great pleasure of recommending ourselves here. Thanks for taking time to browse the email below. Please feel free to contact us for any requirements. Any feedback from you will be appreciated

I am Timmy from the hometown of fireworks as a fireworks supplier for many years . if anyone have any question on pyrotechnic , please post what you want to know . as a fireworks manufacturer i am very sincerely to suggestion from outside ,so as to make more magnificent achievement which we takes together.

I am going to make more friend from outside .welcome to make friend with me .as following contact way

Email: timmy@flourishfireworks.com
Online MSN: timmypyro@hotmail.com

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users