17 replies to this topic

#16 cpfireworks

cpfireworks

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 07:11 AM

Almost identical to graham.

I have steel toe capped boots , forestry helmet with metal mesh visor and ear defenders (sound adjustable) , Proban overalls (dickies ones cheap in halfords!) I bought a leather flash hood from army/navy surplus. (i learned the hard way with a nice burn down the back of my neck) and my best protection a buffallo leather jacket! bought in turkey in the 80's for about £25.

#17 The Legendary Graham

The Legendary Graham

If it goes bang its ace.

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 05:44 PM

Almost identical to graham.

I have steel toe capped boots , forestry helmet with metal mesh visor and ear defenders (sound adjustable) , Proban overalls (dickies ones cheap in halfords!) I bought a leather flash hood from army/navy surplus. (i learned the hard way with a nice burn down the back of my neck) and my best protection a buffallo leather jacket! bought in turkey in the 80's for about £25.

I have just recently added to my ppe with a pair of bikers salopettes im covered head to toe in hard wearing leather that is extremely impact resistant and id have to stand in a fire for them to set on fire. Lucky thing is i found them in a charity shop for the most excellent bargain price of £10 opposed to over £100 for a brand new pair.
We dont do girly shows.!!!

#18 wjames

wjames

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 397 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 08:59 PM

i'd like to add one in here. The MOD S10 Respirator.

I use one for manufacturing - it'll protect you from just about any airborne chemical or fume - it'll protect your eyes, nose, throat, lungs...and brain.

Given a possible unwanted re-action, it'll go alot further than a paper face mask + goggles....

Around £30 for a used mask+filter - new NBC ( Nuclear biological+chemical) Filter's are around £8-12

As for Body PPE..i wear a pair of tripple layer nomex overalls, which i used to race in. They HAVE protected me from several things....a flash report going off at waist level was the worst, got away with nothing worst than a bruise. No ppe on and i'd have suffered quite serious burns.

Seal your boots, OR put overalls OVER the boots.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users