26 replies to this topic

#16 CCH Concepts

CCH Concepts

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 06:50 PM

do you still have the moulds to these. I'm sure people would be interested in buy pre-made moulds. including myself, depending on price.

#17 Deano 1

Deano 1

Pyro Forum Regular

• UKPS Members
  • 412 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 12:14 AM

do you still have the moulds to these. I'm sure people would be interested in buy pre-made moulds. including myself, depending on price.

Yes matie I do have moulds for these, If people are interested, I may have to refine the inset mould, but its not a problem. I can only make 2 pieces a day and I will make them to order. The pricePosted Image , I'm thinking about £20 for a set of 4 outer moulds and 1 inset mould plus p&p. A set weighs nearly a kilo, so it would be around £4 for p&p. To buy them single; £4 for outer and £5 for inset plus p&p.
If anyone is interested, make sure you can get mortar tubes to suit.

Edited by Deano 1, 22 November 2009 - 12:17 AM.

Our saviours : In the ninth century, a team of Chinese alchemists trying to synthesize an "elixir of immortality" from saltpeter, sulfur, realgar, and dried honey instead invented gunpowder.

#18 CCH Concepts

CCH Concepts

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 11:21 AM

im assuming they will fut 3" ID. id suggest selling them on ebay, i think they would sell quite well.

#19 Deano 1

Deano 1

Pyro Forum Regular

• UKPS Members
  • 412 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 07:21 PM

im assuming they will fut 3" ID. id suggest selling them on ebay, i think they would sell quite well.

They were made for 3" tubes,
Our saviours : In the ninth century, a team of Chinese alchemists trying to synthesize an "elixir of immortality" from saltpeter, sulfur, realgar, and dried honey instead invented gunpowder.

#20 Mumbles

Mumbles

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 955 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 01:44 AM

The shells were indeed quite nice.

I can't help but notice that in a few of your pictures you have stars stored in glass jars. I'd suggest finding some cardboard or plastic containers to take the place of these. Glass and compositions tend not to go together well.

I do like the idea of the nesting sets. I've seen them, and used a few and they give very nice result.

#21 Deano 1

Deano 1

Pyro Forum Regular

• UKPS Members
  • 412 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 05:44 PM

The shells were indeed quite nice.

I can't help but notice that in a few of your pictures you have stars stored in glass jars. I'd suggest finding some cardboard or plastic containers to take the place of these. Glass and compositions tend not to go together well.

I do like the idea of the nesting sets. I've seen them, and used a few and they give very nice result.

Thanks for that Mumbles, I'm moving to plastic right away, I've got a load of 9mm bullet boxes with flip lids, they will stack better aswell.

#22 Deano 1

Deano 1

Pyro Forum Regular

• UKPS Members
  • 412 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 05:52 PM

Yes matie I do have moulds for these, If people are interested, I may have to refine the inset mould, but its not a problem. I can only make 2 pieces a day and I will make them to order. The pricePosted Image , I'm thinking about £20 for a set of 4 outer moulds and 1 inset mould plus p&p. A set weighs nearly a kilo, so it would be around £4 for p&p. To buy them single; £4 for outer and £5 for inset plus p&p.
If anyone is interested, make sure you can get mortar tubes to suit.

I've just posted a set out to shell shooter man and I'm going to have to put the p+p up to £6 for any future orders to cover costs. The packaging takes it over a kilo and paypal charged. Soz peepsPosted Image

Edited by Deano 1, 23 November 2009 - 05:55 PM.

#23 CCH Concepts

CCH Concepts

Pyro Forum Regular

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 10:37 PM

i thought members would be interested. I'm moving away from mortars at the mo, mainly because of testing areas are hard to find. but when i am looking at mortars again, after Ive read weinarts book i will have as set if your still selling them.

#24 a_bab

a_bab

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 04:57 PM

Just a quick question: how did you make the delay between the match fuses for the mortars?

#25 Vic

Vic

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,144 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 07:43 PM

Just a quick question: how did you make the delay between the match fuses for the mortars?

You can fold the Quick match over in between each shell and tie a piece of string fairly tight and this will give you about a 1.5 second delay between each shell, you have to be careful not to tie off too tight because sometimes it will choke out the quick match.
Freud. Artists, in this view, are people who may avoid neurosis and perversion by sublimating their impulses in their work.

#26 a_bab

a_bab

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 08:18 PM

I knew about this technique and it gives actually 0.5 seconds (with a good match, that is). I wanted to know what did Deano use.

#27 Deano 1

Deano 1

Pyro Forum Regular

• UKPS Members
  • 412 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 09:35 PM

There was 15 launch tubes with a shell in each and capped with foil, they were strapped together to make one huge bundle. Each shell was lit via quickmatch and a small length of visco in the end, this fuse exited the tube through a small hole at the top, these fuses were then linked together with one piece of visco in a full ring with a tail, the tail is the only fuse you have to light and bobs ya uncle, your fuse burns in both directions not giving too much space between launches. There were 4 shells didn't launch and that was my quickmatch that let me down, which I am in the process of putting right through trials.
Hope this helps,,,,,, stay safe,,, DeanPosted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users