#1 Vic

Vic

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,144 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 09:18 PM

Just to let all know I have been busy.

I thought I would make a cut star frame, it's suited to small scale star making rather than the loaf box type. It has removable slats so you can adjust volume and have little waste.

Posted Image
Freud. Artists, in this view, are people who may avoid neurosis and perversion by sublimating their impulses in their work.

#2 dave

dave

Pyro Forum Regular

• UKPS Members
  • 482 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 11:23 PM

nice idea :)!

dave321

#3 phildunford

phildunford

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 09:39 AM

Blimey! It's a bit neater than mine. Well done m8!
Teaching moft plainly, and withall moft exactly, the composing of all manner of fire-works for tryumph and recreation (John Bate 1635)
Posted Imagethegreenman

#4 Pyrogeorge

Pyrogeorge

• General Public Members
  • PipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 13 February 2010 - 01:53 PM

very nice!i will make one like yours.

#5 Vic

Vic

Pyro Forum Top Trump

• General Public Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,144 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 10:33 PM

very nice!i will make one like yours.

I probably wouldn't bother with the wing nuts to separate the frame, the mix pushed out without much trouble.

And it's a fine line with high charcoal content cut stars, one minute the mix seems too dry and the next you have a wet pudding. I didn't bother with a percentage of alcohol to the water which I do normally for pumped stars but I was aiming for a wettish mix anyway, to see how the stars burnt compared to the drier pump stars.

Out of interest is there a possible plasticizer that could be used to help workability of cut stars?
Freud. Artists, in this view, are people who may avoid neurosis and perversion by sublimating their impulses in their work.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users